Valindir Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you like to see?

5 posters

Go down

What would you like to see?  Empty What would you like to see?

Post  'Ri Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 pm

As Staff Members we know personally what we would like to see happening here at Valindir. By this point we also know what the rest of us are hopping for as well. We've discussed intensively what we would all like to see happen and we have some awesome stuff in mind and we even have quite a few innovative things that are in the works. And I do not use that word lightly.

However, we don't want it to stop there. We want Valindir to be a continuous evolution of ideas and thoughts and dreams and that we want feedback from our players. Or future players, as it were. Very Happy At this point in development we want to hear from you guys what you would like to see happen on Valindir. Belimedra also wants to know what you guys have liked on other MUDs, what you haven't liked and what has frustrated you.

Let's get a discussion going and we are excited to hear what you all have to say. Smile
'Ri
'Ri
Soldier

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see?  Empty Likes/dislikes

Post  lowdy Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:22 pm

I have said what I have liked to others, but some of the things I like are: colored text, fluid emotes with speech, targeting objects/pcs/npcs, variables and customizable items, interactive staff and storyline plots, interactive NPCs/VNPCs, Tattoos/scars being able to be perma-equipped and concealable, pets/mounts, a wounding system, think/feel commands, Newbie channel, A notify system.

Dislikes are.. : Instant killing mobs, long craft timers, lack of culture (this mud doesn't seem to have that problem), No help files or clarity in character creation for stats/skills, lack of newbie area, a space seperating room desc and items/pcs on the screen, limited emote/tell/say sizes, limited desc/background size, restrictions on Sdescs(besides the obvious), inability to quit if a hunt/forage goes too long and if you can quit you are left out in the middle of nowhere with no safe way back,
lowdy
lowdy
Peasant

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see?  Empty Re: What would you like to see?

Post  Evoru Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:26 am

Part of what we've been working on (and what we consider to be essential to Valindir's economy) is a crafting system for Players. While you will be able to gain items by killing mobs and buying them from NPC shops, the best items will 9 times out of 10 come from the hands of a fellow Player.

This will make it possible for Players to run their own shops, stocked with merchandise that they and their friends have made. Players who prefer to remain in cities and get involved in that type of RP can then have a viable way to make money. Players that prefer to go adventuring can still do so and bring back valuable supplies that crafters will need to make their merchandise, or rare and ancient artifacts that they can sell to a more discerning clientele.

The goal is to make it so that many different types of Players with different play styles can find something they enjoy in Valindir.
Evoru
Evoru
Noble

http://www.valindir.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mag3man1 Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:21 pm

Something I'd like to add to Lowdy's is the emote/say combination. I think that adding quotation marks should make it so you're able to speak within an emote.

Other than that, I love the way you guys are doing things. I like that there's room for both the adventurers and the homebodies. Thanks for that!

mag3man1
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post  Belimedra Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 am

Hello, hello!

I agree with you on the " marks indicating says within an emote. It's something we definitely have planned!

We want people to be able to communicate easily and however they are comfortable by allowing for emotes within says, and says within emotes.

Glad to have you here and hear your suggestions!
Belimedra
Belimedra
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum