Valindir Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wantz this game!

+2
Evoru
xViciousXTitanx
6 posters

Go down

I wantz this game! Empty I wantz this game!

Post  xViciousXTitanx Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 am

Seriously though, this is looking quite awesome from the racial standpoint and all the history. If you folks can put up production like this with the actually implementation I will gladly throw my life away to this game!
xViciousXTitanx
xViciousXTitanx
Peasant

Back to top Go down

I wantz this game! Empty Re: I wantz this game!

Post  Evoru Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks! We're working really hard to get the game up as quickly as possible. If you're interested, we're always looking for people who will want to help us test the game!
Evoru
Evoru
Noble

http://www.valindir.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xViciousXTitanx Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Very interested, ofcourse. Smile
xViciousXTitanx
xViciousXTitanx
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:19 pm

Everything I've seen in the website for this game is really making me wish it was open. I love all the options so far that are available too. I have been looking for a mud with a lot of rp involvement, from the races to the guilds and cities, this game is showing a lot of what I've been searching for. And I can't wait to check it out along with some friends of mine once it's ready.

Also, I am ALWAYS up For crashing muds for testing, of course  Cool , I Do it rather well and often as is.
Guardian
Guardian
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ri Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:25 pm

We are looking to open Alpha soon (fingers crossed) so keep your ears to the ground. If anyone has any ideas please post them in the appropriate section as well. Smile
'Ri
'Ri
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Belimedra Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Awesome, we are glad to have everyone! The staff is working a lot behind the scenes (writing room descs, calculating armor/weapon formulas, making code magic) but we are always happy to answer questions or take suggestions! We intend to keep fleshing out the website even more once we have some of the bigger hurdles out of the way.
Belimedra
Belimedra
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:49 pm

'Ri wrote:We are looking to open Alpha soon (fingers crossed) so keep your ears to the ground. If anyone has any ideas please post them in the appropriate section as well. Smile

I'm all game for testing purposes. I'm excited about the game as is, so helping flesh out some bugs to make it better is awesome. I'll keep checking back to see what the status is as I've a few others at least that are willing to check it out once it's open.
Guardian
Guardian
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdy Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Any progress on this? I haven't heard anything since Febuaryish. I know you all have a RL, but I am still pretty psyched to play ^_^
lowdy
lowdy
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post  Evoru Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:06 pm

My apologies for the silence. We have a terrible, terrible habit of zoning out when we build and forgetting to come up for air. This means it may sometimes look like things are quite dead in the public section of the forums, while our telephone lines, chat channels, and other areas are abuzz with debates over such lively topics as stone color, the amount of wandering a MOB should be doing, and whether or not Players are interested in having several different types of butter to craft with.

On the upside, it means that every single room is utterly unique. Every. Single. Room. Written from scratch, with no copying of lines from other rooms and nary a paste. Even (and I'm quite proud of this) every single one of our numerous roads and forests are original.

So to answer your question, we're just busily building to ensure that you have lots of places to explore!
Evoru
Evoru
Noble

http://www.valindir.com

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ri Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:05 am

As a slight sneak peek, our first area is almost done. For those who are interested in some of the logistics and specs that go in to how we build (and why it seems we are taking awhile to get things going) I thought I would give you a review. Smile

The first city, Danizibar, has been built. It is going through an edit, however this is a minimal edit changing the design as we have changed the way we approach building. It is a Human City built on the idea of wealth and trade sitting on the Eastern Savannah of Balinor. With its own natural harbor upon the sea it is considered the jewel, and capital, of the human lands. Though the race of men rules this City through the powerful Sapphire Council many other races have come to make Danzibar their home as well. This thriving metropolis with it's Merchant Princes offers wealth for all willing to succeed through any number of means. For those who are looking for a real world example, think of Alexandria at the height of Ptolemaic power at the end of the Hellenistic era. There are some subtle Roman as well as using Arabic, Persian and Indian ideas for culture, dress, etc. as well.

The area we are working on now is the first area players will find themselves in. It is the Holy Area of the World, and also a neutral ground for safe harbor and sanctuary. It's lush forests (think Madagascar) and trees of saffron and vanilla give way to a city of gleaming white and the Bastions of temples dedicated to the Elements. While this area is not as big as areas to follow (Danzibar is *massive*) it will hold Alpha testing once it is fully implemented. It also has everything and anything a newbie could want/need. Three of our IMP's are working on building it together. Which means as specific things are built they are passed and shared with all three builders who then fine tune, edit and create a unified look, feel and detailed description of every room you are in. It makes for an incredibly intensive building session. In good ways, but in challenging ways as there are three builders instead of one primary individual. And they are detail oriented so that while you, the player are exploring, get a feel for the area and all the "oomph".

The final stages are being put together. Be excited. Smile
'Ri
'Ri
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:56 pm

I wantz this game! I-amp-039-m-so-excited_o_2547937
lowdy
lowdy
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post  'Ri Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Keep an eye on the website. There are some new things coming and a few things lovingly adjusted, etc.
'Ri
'Ri
Soldier

Back to top Go down

I wantz this game! Empty progress.....?

Post  lowdy Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:29 am

Any New updates since..... Aug?
lowdy
lowdy
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum